Nutmeg Syrup Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and extract if desired. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
3 tablespoons: 88 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Nutmeg Syrup
"Delicious! Nice change from my usual maple syrup."
"After running out of store bought syrup, I decided to look into making my own. This was quick and delicious. I don't know if I will ever buy it again! Thanks!"
"We had this with buttermilk pancakes and again over vanilla ice cream. I used the rum extract. Simple, yummy and a great seasonal aroma - (it is early Fall here). Will be making again."