- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forNutmeg Sugar Crisps
"My son love these cookies.."
"Hands down my favorite cookies ever- and I make a few batches of cookies every year! It's never the holidays until a batch of these have been made! These are wonderful and so tasty. I've never had to refrigerate the dough and I bake them for 8-10 minutes, so they are softer. Wonderful!"