Nutmeg Sour Cream Muffins Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar and shortening; beat well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into sour cream mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine nutmeg and remaining sugar; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 9 muffins.
1 each: 199 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Nutmeg Sour Cream Muffins
"I was paging through some old issues today and found these tender muffins. They are delicious and have earned a place in my recipe file."
"I thought these muffins were a good sub for a dinner roll, but I will leave off the nutmeg topping next time."
"I am really surprised that no one else has made these muffins yet. I have tried so many sour cream muffin recipes and this one is definitely a family favorite. I plan to make some more this weekend and i will see if I can post a picture of the muffins as well. Make them, you won't regret it."
"These muffins are so fluffy and delicious! The recipe made 12 muffins when I did it and they puffed up to the point that they were beautifully rounded on the top. I added some cinnamon sugar to the topping since it wasn't enough topping for the batch. Would deffinitly make these again! A new favorite!"