- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (about 3 ounces), toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in almonds. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and nutmeg. Gently roll cooled cookies in sugar mixture. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews forNutmeg Meltaways
"Used to love this recipe. Going to try to lake it gluten free and dairy free... Wish me luck!"
"took these to work and got a lot of compliments. Everyone liked them."
"These were ok but not really worth the work in my opinion. The cookies took a lot longer than the 18-20 minutes to cook and I got less than 3 dozen even though the recipe states it makes 5 dozen."
"So incredibly good, but very fragile cookies!"
"This is a great holiday recipe that is simular to Wedding cookies. The nutmeg and almonds add new flavor to a great recipe."
"I have been making this recipe for 10 years.I usually end up making it a couple of time during the Holiday season.They are quick and easy to make.I buy snowman shaped cookie plate and add these along with a couple of other of my favorite cookies to give away as tasty treats for friends and family."