The crispy-tender texture and mildly spicy flavor of these cookies will tempt all ages. My whole family enjoys them.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, nutmeg and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- On a sugared surface, shape 1/2 cupfuls of dough into 1/2-in.-thick logs. Cut logs into 2- to 2-1/2-in. pieces.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 122 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.