Nutella Hand Pies
Total TimeTakes: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Additional Nutella, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into nine squares. Place 1 teaspoon Nutella in center of each; sprinkle with orange zest. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold one corner over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and pastry has cooked through, 17-20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange juice and orange zest; drizzle over pies. If desired, warm additional Nutella in a microwave and drizzle over tops.
Nutrition Facts1 hand pie: 190 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 18, 2015
My family loves hand pies and these are so simple and easy to make. They taste amazig and look so much harder than they actually are.
May 11, 2015
east quick and a real hit at my home. would make them again
Mar 2, 2015
Great recipe! They were a big hit tonight. I do recommend that you add a little more orange juice when you make the glaze, because 1/2 teaspoon isn't enough for mixing 1/3 cup of powder sugar. Just add a little bit of orange at a time until it's enough to mix it successfully. But besides that awesome recipe, it was super easy to make. :D
Jan 23, 2015
I made these a couple years ago for our Holiday Open House after seeing Melissa D on Food Network demonstrate it. One word: YUM. My family loves these. Super easy to do.