Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Additional Nutella, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water.
- Unfold puff pastry; cut into 9 squares. Place 1 teaspoon Nutella in center of each; sprinkle with orange zest. Brush edges of pastry with egg mixture. Fold 1 corner over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown and cooked through, 17-20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, orange juice and orange zest; drizzle over pies. If desired, warm additional Nutella in a microwave and drizzle over tops.
1 hand pie: 190 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.