Nutcracker Bread Recipe
This tender loaf has a wonderful sugar and spice flavor. Holiday turkey, ham or velvety cream cheese and jelly sandwiches always taste better on slices of this bread. –Jacqueline McComas of Paoli, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1. In a food processor, combine walnuts and brown sugar; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, milk and vinegar. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Transfer to an 8-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove sides and bottom of pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 170 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Nutcracker Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC