- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 fresh dill sprigs
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 8 cups torn Bibb lettuce
- 1 medium peach, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- Place salmon on a greased baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; top with dill sprigs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Flake salmon into large pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, red pepper, snipped dill, capers and remaining pepper and lemon juice.
- Divide lettuce among four plates. Top with peach, hazelnuts, blueberries, onion and salmon. Serve with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forNorthwest Salmon Salad
"I used cashew pieces instead of hazelnuts and added shredded carrots for color. Delicious. Thank you, Elda, for sharing this recipe."
"this is yummy! I left out the capers tho. A great meal on a hot summer day."