Northwest Cherry Salsa
We have five cherry trees—and I like to use every bit of fruit that doesn't get eaten right off of them. We enjoy salsa on a variety of dishes, especially this turkey. —Margaret Slocum, Ridgefield, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve as a condiment with chicken, turkey or pork.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 free food.
Originally published as Northwest Cherry Salsa in Country Woman March/April 1992