Noel Ice Cream Cups
Each year, our family enjoys a dessert that's much more fun than the typical pies and cakes. With refreshing ice cream chock-full of holiday ingredients like nuts, cherries and candies, these treats are a delightful end to a perfect meal. -Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons each chopped red and green maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- Additional milk chocolate M&M's, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, pecans, cherries and extracts. Fold in M&M's.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin cups and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped M&M's.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Noel Ice Cream Cups in Taste of Home December/January 1996