- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste and seasonings; mix well. In a bowl, combine the egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan.
- Roll out each tube of crescent dough between waxed paper into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer one rectangle to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Spread with half of the meat mixture to within 1 in. of edges; top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat meat and cheese layers.
- Top with mozzarella. Carefully place second dough rectangle on top; press edges to seal. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forNo-Noodle Lasagna
"My family loved this recipe. It is fairly quick from start to table (about 45 minutes), and super delicious. Every one in the family declared it's a keeper!"
"This is one of our family's favorites! Highly recommended. It does take the full 20 mn prep time, which is more time than I usually spend, but well worth it. I'll sometimes freeze the leftovers, works well."