No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in honey; add butter, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat on low speed until well-blended. Stir in all-purpose flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir 30 strokes with a spoon; pour batter into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until batter reaches edge of pan, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 103 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2017
I forgot to tell everyone how wonderfully easy and deliciously tasting this recipe is. I have made it over 10 times; I've even doubled the recipe several times. It's a keeper!PS... So is the One Dish No-Knead Bread recipe!!!
Apr 23, 2017
Easy to make and it makes a nice size loaf. Great texture and flavor too. Will definitely make this bread again!
May 14, 2009
I needed to use up ingredients so I threw in some flax seed and wheat bran and it was great!
May 7, 2009
BEAUTIFUL BREAD!!! I made this for a friend, I know she'll love it!! It's so simple, too!! Ty for the recipe!!
Mar 5, 2009
This is great; I love the fact I don't have to knead the bread. My hands are not strong enough. Thank you for posting this; if you have more, post them too! The bread is very good.