No-Knead Tarragon Rolls
These golden brown rolls only look like a lot of trouble to make. But because no kneading is required, they're quite simple. Why not prepare them for your family soon and see for yourself?—Polly Miller, Himrod, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, parsley, tarragon, celery seed and salt. Add the water, egg and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high for 1 minute. Stir in remaining flour. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Spoon into greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20-30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 141 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as No-Knead Tarragon Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.