No-Knead Fan Rolls
All the men who help on our farm can't wait for me to bake these cinnamon- and raisin-filled rolls. Whether served oven-fresh or at room temperature the next day, they always disappear.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Vanilla Glaze
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon zest and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg; beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; spread with butter. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle down the center third of each rectangle. Fold one long side of dough over filling, then fold other long side of dough over, forming a 16x2-in. rectangle. Pat lightly to flatten.
- Cut each rectangle into four 4-in. rolls. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Place rolls, seam side down, 3 in. apart on foil. With a sharp knife, cut five strips two-thirds of the way through each roll. Separate each strip slightly, curving to form a fan shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 400 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.