All the men who help on our farm can't wait for me to bake these cinnamon- and raisin-filled rolls. Whether served oven-fresh or at room temperature the next day, they always disappear.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Vanilla Glaze
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/4 cups flour, sugar, yeast, lemon peel and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg; beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise; spread with butter. Combine the brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle down the center third of each rectangle. Fold one long side of dough over filling, then fold other long side of dough over, forming a 16-in. x 2-in. rectangle. Pat lightly to flatten.
- Cut each rectangle into four 4-in. rolls. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease the foil. Place rolls, seam side down, 3 in. apart on foil. With a sharp knife, cut five strips two-thirds of the way through each roll. Separate each strip slightly, curving to form a fan shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as No-Knead Fan Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p90