- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm whipping cream (110° to 115°)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In a bowl, combine water, yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cream and egg yolks; mix well. In another bowl, combine 3-1/2 cups flour, salt and remaining sugar; cut in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly. Add yeast mixture; stir just until moistened. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half; roll each into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Combine filling ingredients; sprinkle over dough. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side; inch seam to seal. Cut each roll into 15 slices; place cut side down in two greased 9-in. pie plates. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forNo-Knead Citrus Rolls
"I followed the directions and in the morning the dough was hard as a rock, there was nothing to punch down. I think the recipe is missing a step. I got this recipe out of the Taste of Home Holiday baking book 2015."