- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Additional melted butter, optional
- Generously coat an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine water, orange juice, melted butter, molasses, flour, dry milk, yeast and salt; beat on high for 3 minutes (dough will be sticky). Spoon dough into prepared pan.
- Cover pan with lightly greased plastic wrap; let rise 60-90 minutes or until dough rises to the top of the pan.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Brush with additional melted butter if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews forNo-Knead 100% Whole Wheat Bread
"Very moist, a hit with my hubby and kids!"