Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Place the egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add chocolate; cover and process just until blended, about 15 seconds. Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add to cottage cheese mixture. Cover and pulse until just moistened.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 117 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 11, 2019
These brownies may be light on calories, but they're definitely big on flavor! I made them in my food processor rather than the blender, which worked just fine. My hubby and I both enjoyed them, and I'll definitely be making them again.
Jan 28, 2019
Brownies are scrumptious! Texture is like velvet. Little hard to get batter out of blender, but worth it!