Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Place the egg whites, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add chocolate; cover and process just until blended, about 15 seconds. Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; add to cottage cheese mixture. Cover and pulse until just moistened.
- Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 117 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 10, 2020
2/7/2019: I'd prepared these brownies and used my mixer rather than a blender. I'd used 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese. I'd added the melted chocolate to beaten egg white mixture and stirred just until blended and baked just 20 minutes in greased and floured 8x8" baking pan.
Jun 21, 2019
Surprisingly good! Quite cake-like. I am trying recipes with less fat in them, and when I saw this just knew I had to make them. I used my food processor; I think they would be tricky to get out of a blender jar as the batter is VERY thick. Don't think I will get 16 servings from this, though, as my friends and I DO love chocolate!
Jun 20, 2019
I just made these and I had to have one warm out of the oven. I'm not much of a brownie person but these are great! They taste wonderful and chocolaty. My husband frowned at the idea of cottage cheese but wait until he tries them. He's a big chocoholic and I know he will love them. I plan on making them for a family reunion in August. Thanks for a great no guilt recipe!
Mar 11, 2019
These brownies may be light on calories, but they're definitely big on flavor! I made them in my food processor rather than the blender, which worked just fine. My hubby and I both enjoyed them, and I'll definitely be making them again.
Jan 28, 2019
Brownies are scrumptious! Texture is like velvet. Little hard to get batter out of blender, but worth it!