VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole, optional
- Combine first eight ingredients in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is crumbly, 4-6 hours. Stir in vinegar and salt. Serve with tortilla chips and, if desired, toppings.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve with chips and toppings if desired. Yield: 20 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as No-Guilt Beefy Nachos in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p88