You'll need only three ingredients to make these fluffy chocolate bites. The quick, creamy confections get a pretty look when rolled in ground almonds as shown here. Placed in foil candy cups, they make a special gift when presented in a festive holiday tin.
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + freezing
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) milk chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups ground toasted almonds, graham cracker crumbs or finely chopped salted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped topping. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into balls; roll in almonds, crumbs or peanuts. Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container. If frozen, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 103 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as No-Fuss Truffles in Quick Cooking November/December 1999