You'll need only three ingredients to make these fluffy chocolate bites. The quick, creamy confections get a pretty look when rolled in ground almonds as shown here. Placed in foil candy cups, they make a special gift when presented in a festive holiday tin.
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + freezing
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) milk chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups ground toasted almonds, graham cracker crumbs or finely chopped salted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped topping. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into balls; roll in almonds, crumbs or peanuts. Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container. If frozen, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 103 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as No-Fuss Truffles in Quick Cooking November/December 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.