- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews forNo-Fuss Pumpkin Cake
"That was so good everyone loved it I put a little cinnamon in the frosting .make this cake."
"Love this recipe so easy and my family loves it. Was thinking of adding bananas instead of pumpkin. Has anyone tried this?"
"Great recipe. I have made it several times for different events with requests for the recipe every time. The only changes I have made are to leave out the extra sugar in the cake and to add cinnamon to the icing."
"I love this recipe. I've made it eight times since discovering it last year and it always tastes and smells great - no one ever wants just one piece!"
"Excellent recipe and so easy! A keeper for me :)"
"Wow! This is my kinda recipe, simple and oh so delicious!!! Adding this to my list of "bomb desserts"!!!"
"Always moist and tasty!! Every time time I make this I am asked for the recipe!"