- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- Hot cooked pasta and sliced green onions, optional
- Mix first four ingredients. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute onions in remaining oil over medium heat until tender. Add juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Add pork chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 2-3 minutes. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. If desired, serve over pasta; top with green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forNo-Fuss Pork Chops
"We both enjoyed this very much. I used only one onion and two large pork chops, which I brined prior to cooking, but made the full amount of sauce. Because I used a red onion the sauce was very dark, as though it contained blackberries. I added about 2 teaspoons of “quick” tapioca and it thickened the sauce nicely. We’ll be having this again, for sure."
"As other reviewers said, this recipe is DELICIOUS! I made only 2 chops and used 1 onion, but I didn't cut the sauce in half and it was perfect. If I make 4 chops, I will double the sauce and serve over brown rice. I used the juice from canned pineapple chunks, then I made Caramelized Pineapple (melt 2 Tbsp butter in skillet, add pineapple and sprinkle pineapple with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cook until caramelized, basting pineapple with butter/sugar mixture.) Delicious!"
"OMG! The best tasting pork Chops I have eaten. This is my go to recipes the next time."
"Very yummy. I doubled the recipe for the sauce and thickened it with cornstarch and served it as a gravy. The pork chops were tender and had a nice flavor."
"This is wonderful.I make a little more sauce because we like it,I serve it over noodles."
"5 stars.. (the "star" rate isn't working). Added some green pepper, used only a couple of thin slices of onion (recipes call for way too much for us) and had mashed potatoes on the side. We both loved it! Added to my recipe box and will definitely make it again."
"My husband isn't usually a pork chop fan, but he loved this recipe. All of my kids really liked it too. I used white rice since I was out of egg noodles, but it worked."
"was a little skeptical trying this recipe since i've never really cared for pineapple. but these turned out to be the best porkchops i've ever had!! making it again today:) very simple but full of flavor. tasted great over white rice. wasn't dry at all, but i might make extra sauce anyhow since it's so tasty!!"