No-Fuss Pork and Sauerkraut
I once tasted a similar dish at a restaurant and decided to try making it at home. This is the fabulous result.—Joan Pereira, Avon, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- Rub roast with mustard; sprinkle with garlic powder and sage. Place sauerkraut and half of the apples in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with roast. Pour apple juice around roast; top with remaining apples.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
Originally published as No-Fuss Pork and Sauerkraut in Country Woman November/December 2001
Dec 7, 2011
The pork was dry and the kraut/apple mixture was mushy. Disappointing.
Feb 2, 2009
This is a great recipe. I did double to sauerkraut, because we enjoy it. The meat was perfectly cooked. We served it with the traditional mashed potatoes & corn.