- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in water. Gradually add dry biscuit mix.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar, forming a criss-cross pattern. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forNo-Fuss Peanut Butter Cookies
"Not bad for such a simple recipe! I didn't have any vanilla so I was pleased to find this which did not call for any! Me and my 3-year old granddaughter made them together. And, if she's pleased I'm pleased!"