No-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- 1. Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake.
- 2. Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts.
1 each: 237 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 31, 2009
Easy to put together on short notice and always have ingredients on hand. I keep sponge in my freezer for just such a time.