VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake. Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p39
Reviews forNo-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"easy to put together on short notice and always have ingredients on hand. I keep sponge in my freezer for just such a time."