No-Fuss Dinner Rolls
I really enjoy making these rolls for our son because he loves them and the recipe is so easy. In a little over an hour, you can offer your family oven-fresh rolls.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 15 rolls
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the egg, butter, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 163 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as No-Fuss Dinner Rolls in Best of Country Breads