I really enjoy making these rolls for our son because he loves them and the recipe is so easy. In a little over an hour, you can offer your family oven-fresh rolls.
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Bake with Cinnamon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the egg, butter, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter will be thick). Do not knead. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 15 rolls.
Originally published as No-Fuss Dinner Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p49