No-Fuss Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2011
Comes out perfect!!!
Nov 25, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, put this one in your "favorites" file - a snap to prepare with gourmet taste! This has become my favorite way to make beef roast, esp when I have little time.