No-Fuss Beef Roast
For Christmas dinner or other special occasions, this beef rib roast makes an elegant entree. I just coat the beef with a dry rub to spark the flavor, then stick it in the oven. It comes out perfect every time!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired.
Editor's Note: One envelope of meat marinade seasoning mix may be substituted for the seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne.
Jan 2, 2011
Comes out perfect!!!
Nov 25, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, put this one in your "favorites" file - a snap to prepare with gourmet taste! This has become my favorite way to make beef roast, esp when I have little time.