- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened, divided
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M miniature baking bits
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and greased the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt. Melt remaining butter; add milk and vanilla. Stir into sugar mixture until blended; whisk until smooth. Stir in M&M's. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forNo-Fail Fudge
"Don't know if I did it wrong or what but it never set up, after 5 hours in fridge it still isn't set. I measured everything exactly, buttered the foil, mixed in the right order, it's basically a more difficult icing recipe. Never making it again."
"I was wondering if the fudge i supposed to turn out softer than normal,mine did. I was wondering if there is any way to fix it? (tastes awesome though)"
"very easy to make and so good!! i omitted the candy pieces and instead sprinkled the top with crushed peppermint candies. will make again!"