No-Crust Spinach Quiche
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add the milk, egg substitute and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 10-in. quiche pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 197 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 23, 2014
I replace some of the milk with half n half. It's also good with peppers :-)
Jan 29, 2014
I added ham to this recipe and it was delicious! Good recipe to use again!
Oct 7, 2013
Great recipe! I did not add mushrooms as some of my family members are allergic. Turned out wonderful!
Aug 13, 2012
A wonderful quiche recipe that fits in with my Weight Watchers way of eating.
May 7, 2009
ok i loved this but... i didnt do this with egg substatute or any of the lowfat options i also added some chopped ham , provolone on top, and swiss with the cheddar so... it was wonderful the broccoli i used was also fresh.. so i guess i might have changed it up alot recipes are just guidelines to me..
Dec 7, 2008
I suspect the stuff that has to be squeezed dry is spinach. I didn't find this as good as it sounded. It took a lot longer to cook than the recipe suggested and there were lots of vegetables that crowded out the egg quiche. I'll try again with less vegetables.
Dec 1, 2008
May 21, 2008
Re: Crustless Spinach QuicheThe recipe is called spinach quiche but the ingredients list broccoli-twice! please correct.
May 17, 2008
The recipe is called spinach quiche but the ingredients list broccoli-twice! please correct.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.