No-Cook Fresh Tomato Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 1-1/2 pounds assorted fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl; stir in basil, oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature until juices are released from tomatoes, 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with hot pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup sauce: 64 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 19, 2017
Fabulous. Perfect for a hot summer's evening, or anytime. Six stars at least :-)!
Oct 21, 2016
Great way to use summer's bounty of tomatoes. Made for a light, meatless dinner. I used a mixture of red cherry tomatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes, and regular tomatoes. Topped with crushed red pepper for a kick.
Sep 5, 2016
A summertime treat when using fresh ingredients right out of the garden. Simple to make and tastes fantastic! We refer to this recipe as Margherita Pasta Sauce . NOTE: Since the sauce will tend to cool off the pasta, we simply add the sauce into the pot of drained pasta and heat for a few minutes.
Dec 20, 2015
Very easy and delicious.
Oct 13, 2015
Very tasty. A great way to use extra tomatoes from the garden.
Apr 13, 2015
Easy and yummy!
Apr 10, 2015
What can I say? This is a perfect recipe and so simple! I look forward to making this with tomatoes from my garden this summer. But I am thankful for hothouse tomatoes now! :) Using freshly grated Parmesan cheese and freshly grated black pepper is a must!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.