No-Cook Coconut Pie Recipe
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Additional coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mixes, milk and extract for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping and 1/2 cup coconut.
- 2. Pour into the crust. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 piece: 312 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for No-Cook Coconut Pie
"I made this today and it is a clear 5-star winner. I followed the recipe exactly but did make it sugar free. Hubby could not stop eating it. It is thick and rich and so flavorful. We will be having this again. I highly recommend it.Volunteer Field Editor"
"I'll be making this again...so good!"
"First thing is to never use 2% milk and always use a minimum 4%, your pudding will ALWAYS be thicker. I use half and half, it's dessert so it's ok. I don't like frozen whipped topping and use beaten sweetened heavy cream in place of the topping. Coconut cream pie is one of my husband's and my favorites pies. Made with the alterations I suggested this is a 5 star recipe everyone will love."
"How can you even recommend something that is made from hydrogenated oils? Worst thing ever for your health! Not to mention it taste terrible. Shame on you!"
"I didn't use a crust - just put it in stemmed red wine glasses. It tasted great and looked beautiful!"
"My family loved it. Last less then a hour. 5 Star rating"
"Very good pie! I omitted the coconut extract and substituted coconut cream pudding instead."
"I'm trying to cut calories wherever I can, so i used sugar free pudding, light whipped topping and 1% milk. Yummy!"
"Very easy. I only used part of the coconut extract because I ran out, but it was still very good. My picky family said to make it again. Thanks for a very nice recipe!"
"Wonderful! Only change I made was the pudding. I used coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla, everything else was the same."