No-Candied-Fruit Fruitcake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) maraschino cherries, dried
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) pitted dates, halved and quartered
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add pecans, cherries, pineapple and dates; toss to coat. Beat eggs and orange juice; add to fruit mixture and mix well. Line two 9x5-in. loaf pans with foil and grease the foil. Pour fruit mixture into pans and press down. Bake at 300° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans. Remove foil. Brush with corn syrup; cool completely. Yield: 2 fruitcakes.
1 slice: 257 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for No-Candied-Fruit Fruitcake
"I cannot stand candied fruit and for that reason, have never enjoyed fruitcake. Until I came across this recipe. This cake is moist, dense, and tasty. It has become a yearly family tradition to make this fruitcake & does not go to waste. I highly recommend making this fruitcake for company, friends, and family for a delectable delight!"