No-Bake Strawberry Cookies Recipe
These no-bake date and crisp rice cereal cookies are shaped into "strawberries" and topped with a colorful "stem". Serve them when you want to offer something fun and different.
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Red colored sugar
- Green candied cherries or green confectioners' icing
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the dates, coconut, sugar, butter, egg and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, cereal and walnuts. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. With slightly moistened fingers, shape tablespoonfuls into strawberry shapes; roll in red sugar. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate tops with pieces of green candied cherries or pipe leaves on strawberry tops with green icing. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for No-Bake Strawberry Cookies
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2008
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC