No-Bake Strawberry Cookies
These no-bake date and crisp rice cereal cookies are shaped into "strawberries" and topped with a colorful "stem". Serve them when you want to offer something fun and different.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Red colored sugar
- Green candied cherries or green confectioners' icing
- In a large skillet, combine the dates, coconut, sugar, butter, egg and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, cereal and walnuts. Cool for 10 minutes.
- With slightly moistened fingers, shape tablespoonfuls into strawberry shapes; roll in red sugar. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate tops with pieces of green candied cherries or pipe leaves on strawberry tops with green icing.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as No-Bake Strawberry Cookies in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.