No-Bake Strawberry Cookies
These no-bake date and crisp rice cereal cookies are shaped into "strawberries" and topped with a colorful "stem". Serve them when you want to offer something fun and different.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Red colored sugar
- Green candied cherries or green confectioners' icing
- In a large skillet, combine the dates, coconut, sugar, butter, egg and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla, cereal and walnuts. Cool for 10 minutes.
- With slightly moistened fingers, shape tablespoonfuls into strawberry shapes; roll in red sugar. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate tops with pieces of green candied cherries or pipe leaves on strawberry tops with green icing.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 94 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as No-Bake Strawberry Cookies in Best of Country Cookies