No-Bake Pineapple Cheese Pie
“My diabetic husband always liked the pineapple pie at a nearby restaurant, so I experimented making something similar but lighter," explains Shirley Miller of North Judson, Indiana. "Now, it's my most-requested dessert!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 package (0.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 11 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pineapple. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until blended. Gradually beat in pineapple mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pastry shell. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Pineapple No Bake Cheese Pie in Light & Tasty December/January 2008
Jul 22, 2011
I have made this many times because it is easy and refreshing. Have made it several times with graham cracker crust.
Jan 29, 2009
Big hit! Both at home and at the office! This one is a keeper!