No-Bake Peanut Butter Snowballs
This is an easy treat to add to your Christmas cookie lineup. The snowballs freeze well in an airtight container so you can pull them out whenever you have company or just crave something sweet. —Jean Bevilacqua, Rhododendron, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
Makesabout 8-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped salted peanuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and cream until blended. Gradually stir in wafers and peanuts.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Reroll balls in confectioners' sugar; refrigerate 2 hours. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight container in the refrigerator. If desired, reroll in confectioner's sugar before serving.
Freeze option: Freeze cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Reroll in confectioners' sugar before serving.
Originally published as Peanut butter balls in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015