You don't need to turn on the oven for this lasagna, so it's perfect for summer. The noodles and sauce are simply layered on a plate…even my husband can make it, writes Norma Montgomery of Groveland, California.
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomato, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mozzarella cheese; cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; cut into thirds. On a plate, layer 2 tablespoons of sauce and two noodle pieces. Repeat layers twice. Spread with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as No-Bake Lasagna in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p19