No-Bake Mushroom Lasagna
You don't need to turn on the oven for this lasagna, so it's perfect for summer. The noodles and sauce are simply layered on a plate…even my husband can make it, writes Norma Montgomery of Groveland, California.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in oil until tender. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomato, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mozzarella cheese; cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Drain noodles; cut into thirds. On a plate, layer 2 tablespoons of sauce and two noodle pieces. Repeat layers twice. Spread with remaining sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 430 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 814mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as No-Bake Lasagna in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.