When my granddaughter made plans to visit friends in Norway at Christmastime, they asked her for an "American Christmas cake." We realized they meant fruitcake and chose this yummy version. They loved it!
Recommended: Birthday Cake Decorating Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) graham crackers
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1 pound red or green candied cherries
- 1/2 pound chopped candied pineapple
- 2 cups whole Brazil nuts
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- Line two 8x4-in. pans with foil and grease the foil; set aside. Crush graham crackers until fine crumbs form; place in a large bowl. Add the raisins, cherries, pineapple and nuts; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat milk and marshmallows over low heat until marshmallows are melted; stir until blended. Pour over fruit mixture and stir until well blended. Divide between prepared pans, packing down firmly. Cover with foil; refrigerate for at least 1 week before serving. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as No-Bake Mallow Fruitcake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p60