Here's a delightful dessert that only looks like you fussed all day. With its attractive appearance and wonderful taste, no one will know that you saved time by spreading an easy-to-prepare frosting on a store-bought pound cake.
Recommended: Our Best-Ever Chocolate Cakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Slice pound cake lengthwise into three layers and set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and cocoa, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir in extract. Frost between cake layers and stack On a serving plate frost top and sides. Garnish with almonds if desired. Chill at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as No-Bake Chocolate Torte in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1996, p7
Reviews forNo-Bake Chocolate Torte
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2014
"Just lo ve it"