- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum or 1 tablespoon water plus 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- Additional finely chopped pecans
- Place crushed wafers in a bowl. Drizzle with rum and toss to combine. Let stand 15 minutes. Stir in 3 tablespoons pecans.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk, covered, on high for 15 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla; microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until blended, stirring twice. Stir into wafer mixture.
- Place tart shells on a serving plate. Fill each with 1 teaspoon wafer mixture; top each with 1 teaspoon frosting. Sprinkle with additional pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 45 tartlets.
Reviews forNo-Bake Chocolate-Pecan Tartlets
"The frozen phyllo shells do not have to be baked. They should thaw before serving however. I fill them with lemon curd and whipped cream."
"The phyllo shells I have seen (in the freezer section) do not need to be baked. I do not know if they are all that way or not, but that is my experience."
"That is what I need to know also. Do you bake the phyllo shells? If so, what temp and how long?"