No-Bake Choco-Nut Chews
We have a hard time keeping these tasty snacks in our house for long, so it's good that they're quick to make!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring chocolate, sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add butter, peanut butter, vanilla, oats and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to harden, about 20 minutes, before peeling off paper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 101 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as No-Bake Choco-Nut Chews in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.