VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring chocolate, sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; add butter, peanut butter, vanilla, oats and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow to harden, about 20 minutes, before peeling off paper. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Choco-Nut Chews in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p43