These rich, fudge-like squares are packed with nuts and marshmallows. The easy recipe makes eight brownies, but you’ll want the extras to enjoy another time, assures Hermine Muellerleile writes from Hyde Park, New York.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon evaporated milk, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 20 wafers)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips with 1/4 cup milk; stir until smooth. Transfer 2 tablespoons to another bowl; stir in remaining milk and set aside for topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers, marshmallows, confectioners' sugar and pecans; beat in remaining chocolate mixture. Press into a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spread with reserved chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 178 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 13, 2016
These brownies are easy to make and taste wonderful. They are so tasty, the chocolate frosting is delicious, and the nuts give texture. They are always a hit over the holidays.