Since it's just the two of us at home, I share these sweet snowballs with friends and neighbors, who gladly accept them. I appreciate the no-bake convenience.
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and process until mixture is finely chopped and well blended. Stir in almonds.
- Roll into 1-in. balls, then roll in confectioners' sugar. Let dry on wire racks for about 1 hour. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Apricot Snowballs in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p65
Reviews for No-Bake Apricot Snowballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review