- 1 package (0.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups water, divided
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (0.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (6 ounces)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1-1/2 cups water. Add apples; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix pudding mix and remaining water; stir into apple mixture. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in nuts. Transfer to crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forNo-Bake Apple Pie
"I might be the only one; but am always wondering why folks do not "measure" apples, bananas, etc. instead of giving a number/size count! Can anyone help me out with this? After lots of "practice" I have sort of got mashed bananas down -- 2-3 medium ripe is /- a cup; but some days that's not good either! So, I guess I will "play" with this one too! Sorry, if I appear to be ranting..."
"can i use can pie filling instead?"
"We are not watching our sugar so I use the regular jello & pudding mix. It's great. I've made it twice now, we love it."
"We cut back on the nutmeg (not my favorite) and increased the pudding to 2 packages. Was delicious and will be permanent in our recipe file."
"Although I live in Alberta, I often shop in Montana. Can "oreotookie" or someone else tell me which grocery store carries the sugar-free pudding? I can't find it around here.Joanne in Alberta"
"I substituted fresh peaches for the apples, and it was yummy. I LOVE this recipe."
"I too had a hard time finding the pudding, but if you find the Jello brand "Cook & Serve" pudding, it is .8 oz. I had to go to a couple of stores to find the "Sugar-Free" variety. I found the regular "Cook & Serve", but not the sugar-free.Do NOT use instant pudding. I did, and it turned out okay in the end, but it was very, very clumpy."