No-Bake Almond Bites
To help keep holiday snacking on the skinny side, our home economists whipped up these simple little sensations. Quick and easy, the chewy no-bake treats are ideal when time is tight.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup crushed reduced-fat vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, almonds and cocoa. Combine the apple juice, corn syrup and extract; stir into crumb mixture until blended.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.