To help keep holiday snacking on the skinny side, our home economists whipped up these simple little sensations. Quick and easy, the chewy no-bake treats are ideal when time is tight.
Recommended: Chocolate Almond Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 30 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, almonds and cocoa. In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup, apple juice and extracts. Stir into crumb mixture until well blended. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as No-Bake Almond Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p8